What is CrowdFunding?
CrowdFunding describes the collective cooperation of people who network and pool their money to support Start-Ups, Small Businesses and Non-Profits
There are two types of CrowdFunding on uFundy. The Donation model which is a donation to a company and the Equity model which gives the investor equity in a corporation.
Why is uFundy better than other portals?
1 - uFundy also gives you an Entry Strategy like no other portal.
2 - uFundy accommodates six different types of projects/funding
3 - uFundy will make both the Donation model and Equity model available.
The CROWDFUND Act that is expected to be signed into law by President Obama will enable entrepreneurs to raise funds through Business Crowdfunding.
Unlike the Donation Model which does not allow any return on funds invested, Business Crowdfunding will allow investors to receive a financial return through the purchase of equity, debt, or revenue-based securities.
- A company can crowdfund up to $1 million over a 12 month period ($2,000,000 with audited financials)
- Individuals earning less than $100,000 may invest up to $2,000 or 5 percent of annual income, whichever is greater, over a 12Th month period. Individuals earning $100,000 or more may invest up to 10% of annual income, capped at $100,000, over a 12 month period
- Investors can fund one company or several companies as long as they remain within these annual limits
- Companies crowdfunding must be registered/incorporated in the U.S.
- Companies crowdfunding must provide a description of their ownership and capital structure
- An investor must wait 12 months before selling her/his securities unless the sale is to a family member, the issuing company, or an accredited investor
- A crowdfunding round does not prevent a company from raising capital through other legal channels
- Top employees of issuing companies must successfully undergo a background check
- Companies crowdfunding are exempted from the 500 shareholder cap.
Have a question or just want to say hello, contact uFundy with this form.
If you are interested in investing in uFundy and would like some more information please drop us an email at investors@uFundy.com
If you have a skill which you feel would benefit uFundy and you want to be part of the next big internet industry. Please drop us an email careers@uFundy.com.
If you simply have a general comment or would like to let us know what you think. Please drop us an email info@uFundy.com.